MESSMER HIGH SCHOOL/CG SCHMIDT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
CG Schmidt provides a scholarship program to Messmer High School with the purpose of increasing minority employment in the A/E/C industry and to assist the school in their mission.
"Messmer Catholic Schools dedicate themselves to serving a diverse, urban population and providing their students with an education that represents the schools’ Catholic heritage. Messmer Catholic Schools prepare their graduates to excel in college, to succeed in the work force, and to become productive citizens."
This is achieved by:
- Identifying qualified minority candidates early in their high school career.
- Providing mentors to assist them in developing their understanding of A/E/C professional career opportunities
- Providing a scholarship stipend for college
- Providing internship opportunities during college
- Providing them full-time employment opportunities upon graduation from college.